Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day , Dad

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare


Happy Father's Day Dad

I think that our time together was too short, If I only could I would do so many things with you How you loved to fish and I didn't like to go fishing with you because it seemed too much like work, but we sure liked the fish fries when you got back.

We woke up every Saturday morning to the sounds of you playing the violin, and at times we thought you were selfish, but you knew right from wrong and there was no compromising for you , ever.

You gave the best years of your life to public service and to your country, but I will never forget when you made the impassioned plea in the parking lot of the Sheriff Dept because you wanted to see your wife of 58 years more than you wanted anything in life and how Sheriff just shrugged his shoulders.

I can still feel your pain after your hunger strike , you just wanted to die if you could not see your wife , so we drove you the 10 hours to Winter Haven, Florida .

I remember the twinkle in your eye , thinking you would see Clara again and look into her eyes one more time only to have the Winter Haven Police Dept say that Mr. Willam Hart and Adalberto Fernandez had said that you were not welcomed in Winter Haven and that you better leave town, how you passed out in the back seat .

Dad , after giving so much , how you died of a broken heart.

But then again you never said life was fair!

Love you Dad , you will always be my hero !

No comments: